UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Dec 2015, 12:14 pm   #1
Tyso_Bl
Hexode

Default "Control room" extension loudspeaker, Murphy B40.

I've been trying to find out what the remote loudspeaker that would have been fitted as part of a ships control system looks like. To be fitted as an external speaker to a B40, Plenty of photos of ships radio rooms, havn't been able to find any of where the loudspeakers would have been fitted.

Any ideas please? I suspect it will have a 600 ohm matching transformer nearby or in its cabinet.
Old 8th Dec 2015, 1:31 pm   #2
QWENIX
Pentode

Default Re: "Control room" extension loudspeaker, Murphy B40.

Hello tyso see link: http://www.gloeidraad.nl/radioforum/index.php?id=146815. Just in the right corner below. I've sent you a PM. I have two of these. They do have a built in transformer of 600 Ohms. Here a pic.

kind regards Qwenix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	admiralty speaker.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	116618  
Old 8th Dec 2015, 11:30 pm   #3
Tyso_Bl
Hexode

Default Re: "Control room" extension loudspeaker, Murphy B40.

Thank you Quenix, now I know what to look out for, very much like your collection there..

Tyso