UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Nov 2018, 5:45 pm   #1
jennieroseg
Retired Dormant Member

Default Rogers P24 Speakers. Best place to sell?

Hi, this is my first post, so hopefully I've got it right.

I have a pair of Rogers P-24 speakers that I would like to sell, as they have been sitting in my loft for a good few years and I'm now moving house and don't want to take them with me. I have looked on the web but can only find these in the USA, so not too sure where I could list them. I would like them to go to an enthusiast if possible so would like to know the best place to list them. Would anyone be able to assist me please?
Old 15th Nov 2018, 6:05 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Rogers P24 Speakers. Best place to sell?

Well, this forum isn't a good place, as there aren't many people interested in exotic hifi here (and prepared to pay top dollar for it). Your best bet is probably eBay. These are big, heavy speakers, so transport is going to be a problem unless the buyer can collect, but then you aren't too far from the affluent London market.

They seem to be fetching about £500 in good condition.
Old 15th Nov 2018, 6:11 pm   #3
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Rogers P24 Speakers. Best place to sell?

If they have been up in the loft for a few years best to run these in for a bit.
To get top dollar, do check the bass cone surrounds and for any voice-coil rubbing.