UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 4th Oct 2018, 4:09 pm   #1
electronicskip
Nonode

Default Old radio knobs.

Walked past Hardings Electronics in Cheltenham this afternoon and saw in the window a display of old Radio knobs on a display board which were for sale!
Pick your own set by the looks of it.
Hardings is a real old school one man business and a few doors up is another even more old school shop selling old electronics /repairs name unknown .
Old 4th Oct 2018, 4:23 pm   #2
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Re: Old radio knobs.

Ah-Hardings,

Used to go in there regularly when I studied as Gloscat college. Surprised they are still going. Do they have much vintage things left. The last time I went in several years ago there wasn’t much that interested me.

The other shop on the corner with the old loudspeakers hanging in the window was GTV (General TeleVision) and used to mend and sell second hand sets. I bought a load of second hand valves and found all were duff P series telly valves!. I persuaded my dad to buy me a nice looking Pye multi band valve radio which was on a shelf in the corner!! Somewhat disappointed that is was just 3 valves and a UY85 rectifier and was not very sensitive.

There was also Telephone Lines on the opposite side of the road which dealt with vintage telephones.
Christopher Capener
Old 4th Oct 2018, 4:37 pm   #3
electronicskip
Nonode

Default Re: Old radio knobs.

Hardings do still sell bits n bobs vintage style including vinyl LPs, the other shop is still on the corner selling and servicing stuff ,even having a slap of paint done to it at the moment, but telephone lines has long gone unfortunately replaced by a take away
Closed Thread