UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 25th Oct 2012, 4:27 pm   #1
Ken1968
Retired Dormant Member

Default what (Which) vintage French telephone?

Hi all new to the forum and have been looking through the telephone section. i (I) have always had a hankering for a French 30's telephone. Two questions really. Firstly can we get them to work on UK lines and secondly what are the best models? After a few trips to France this year there seem to be a plethora available from puce markets and Brocantes. My better half is French and i (I) have a good friend who deals in this sort of thing so would have no trouble getting the correct model.
Old 25th Oct 2012, 7:03 pm   #2
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Default Re: what (Which) vintage French telephone?

Firstly can we get them to work on UK lines.
Yes they can, If you are using many telephones on one line, you should modify the ringer cirsuit to the UK system, else,you may just change the plug, or use an adapter.
Secondly, what are the best models? This is more difficult, If you are like me, the best telephone is the telephone my wife loves.

dsk
Old 25th Oct 2012, 7:08 pm   #3
Ken1968
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: what (Which) vintage French telephone?

I think i (I) can get away with one old French phone without my better half noticing , i'll (I'll) just bring another radiogram in to distract her a little. Anyhow i'm (I'm) just wondering model numbers and what to look for?. Ken
Closed Thread