UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2017, 9:37 pm   #1
ryanbrownin
Pentode

Default Philips G11. Picture but no sound.

Hi.

I was just using my G11 and all of a sudden the sound just cut out. I tried restarting everything but nothing happened. Any suggestions?
Old 21st May 2017, 10:54 pm   #2
Sideband
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips G11. Picture but no sound.

A model number might help. I know that G11's basically all used the same audio stage but there were remote control variants which can introduce different problems. If there's a headphone socket with a switch, these can cause the sound to fail. If it's not something simple, then a circuit and voltage checks are the best way forward.
Old 22nd May 2017, 5:15 pm   #3
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

There is a 5W fusible resistor on the IF panel that can spring open for no reason. Check for voltage here then go back to the line output panel (rectifier and fuse) if necessary. Shouldn't be too difficult to get going.
Glyn
Old 23rd May 2017, 6:08 pm   #4
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

I think there may also be a small fusible (18R or 39R) probably on a couple of spacers, that are in the positive supply to the audio (TDA2611 if my memory serves me correctly!) that sometimes fizzle out quietly as well!

Have a careful look because they might be hidden in a forest of other bits!

Chris Williams