UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2007, 4:10 pm   #1
rmorti
Pentode

Default ...and a Ferrograph question

Clearing out the garage, unearthed the Ferrograph I'd bought a few years ago with a view you refurbishment (you know how time passes...)

Catching up on the Ferrograph documentation I have prompted a v. simple question regarding the number of tracks and stereo support. I've got an early Series 4, which has 2-track heads. Was the standard record/playback head fitted capable of stereo operation by driving both upper and lower tracks in the same direction (with necessary additional kit)? Or does the head only cover half of the tape? I've yet to digest the circuit diagram, having just blown the dust off it and noted it does have connectors for upper/lower on the rear.

A further q: did Ferrograph support 4-track operation further down the line, or maybe with a bit of head-swapping?

All info welcome - still playing catchup!

Richard
Old 29th May 2007, 6:27 pm   #2
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: ...and a Ferrograph question

Re. your series 4, the answer is no, as it stands, check the following site

.www.ferrograph.info
Old 31st May 2007, 12:58 pm   #3
Rogers Openreel
Triode

Hi Richard
I have a document related to the model 4s if you send me a PM with your details I will copy and send it to you or Email them. I hope they will be of some use.

Roger
Old 31st May 2007, 8:01 pm   #4
rmorti
Pentode

Hi, Roger - info would be appreciated. I'll PM my email address.

Richard
Closed Thread