UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Mar 2021, 11:16 am   #1
Clansman1968
Tetrode

Default DVD Camcorder Discs

Hi all i have some dvd discs taken on a dvd camcorder i think possibly they were not finalised so wont play on anything any one know of a programme i could use to access whats on them or a way around this i dont have access to the camcorder any help would be great thanks .
Old 4th Mar 2021, 1:16 pm   #2
patrickgnl
Pentode

Default Re: DVD Camcorder Discs

If you know the make and model of the camcorder it might be possible to find a copy of the windows software. You could try installing it on a windows machine.

But If its a non standard proprietary format i suspect you may be out of luck... example if it was a (Panasonic) DVD Ram camcorder then the PCs DVDRW drive must be capable of reading and writing to it. Not all are...

If it was DVD ram disk you could perhaps buy a secondhand DVD recorder on the bay, or indeed a secondhand camcorder... go to as close a model to the original as you can.

Really depends how much money you want to spend on a punt that it may work. Dont forget you can always resell anything you buy...

Last edited by patrickgnl; 4th Mar 2021 at 1:23 pm.
Old 4th Mar 2021, 1:32 pm   #3
Clansman1968
Tetrode

Thanks yeah I know it was a Samsung and have the model number so will see if I can get hold of software first .
Old 5th Mar 2021, 5:58 pm   #4
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

I ran into this problem a few months ago with my Samsung DVD/HDD recorder. I think I used ISOBuster or Stellar CD Recovery and I pulled the .VOB files successfully and they were playable.

Fivos
Old 7th Mar 2021, 7:21 pm   #5
Clansman1968
Tetrode

Hi thanks will try that as couldn't get hold of software from Samsung.
Closed Thread