UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Dec 2021, 7:44 pm   #1
Ozziloscope
Diode

Default Telequipment D1010 Oscilloscope faulty

A few months ago I bought a Telequipment D1010 'scope fairly cheaply, but now that I have tried it out I am not so happy. Although it powers on, there is no trace visible for Channel 1, and Channel 2 is seriously attenuated - with my signal generator on the highest 1 volt setting, it would only show about 5 mV peak to peak. I have downloaded the manual, but am wondering whether anybody can give me a suggestion as to where to start faultfinding.
The 'scope does have a small problem that the lever of the Trigger select switch is broken off, but it is still possible to change this if necessary as I guess it would be quite difficult to get a replacement
Old 7th Dec 2021, 9:08 pm   #2
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

Default Re: Telequipment D1010 Oscilloscope faulty

Most problems with the 1000 series TQ scopes revolve around those switches. Gold plate and contacts. I think the gold wears thin/non-existent, and the plastic breaks and loosens fingers.
They have been unobtainable now for over 30 years. I bought a load before they were deleted, but then sold on to a friend. I would carefully trace out, then bypass with short wires whilst you test the "electronics" of the unit. That way you identify the fault areas definitely.
Les.
Closed Thread