UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2012, 11:06 am   #1
Jonlowe
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig TK8-3D reel to reel

My father has one of these that seems to have an electrical fault. He very much wants to have it repaired or to replace it with a similar deck so that he can play his old tapes. Does anyone know if there is someone near Cambridge that could help him?

Thanks,

Jonathan Lowe
Old 18th May 2012, 11:16 am   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Grundig TK8-3D reel to reel

Hi Jonathan,

Whilst it's appreciated you're in The Netherlands and the Grundig is presumably in Cambridge, members will likely wish to know the nature of the fault before they consider offering to help. Can you elaborate at all?
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 12:44 pm   #3
Jonlowe
Retired Dormant Member

Darren- thanks...and sorry for not being more specific earlier, although I do not have much more information. As far as my Dad can tell (I have not checked the machine), it is an electrical or amplification fault. The valves and belts seem to be in good working order, but there is no sound. Any advice on folks who could take a look at it in or around the Cambridge area would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jonathan
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 7:36 am   #4
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

I would love to repair your TK 8, alas I live in the N.West of the UK. Just one minor point, from memory I think there is a speaker on/off switch in the rear compartment of the machine, worth checking.

Colin.
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 12:57 pm   #5
Jonlowe
Retired Dormant Member

Colin- many thanks. I'll ask my Dad to check that. Regards, Jonathan
Closed Thread