UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 12th Aug 2007, 9:15 pm   #1
BMXXKSD
Retired Dormant Member

Unhappy Handset wiring on ITI phone

Hi

Can anyone tell me which terminals the handset wires red, green and white) should be connnected to in an ITI bakelite phone which has 13 terminals in 2 rows?

I promised myself I'd never touch another ITI phone but this one looked pretty good!!

Thanks

BMXXKSD
Old 12th Aug 2007, 9:21 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Handset wiring on ITI phone

Hello!

Wasn't it you who pasted a very useful link to this site a few days ago? http://www.britishtelephones.com/iti.htm

Doesn't this therefore suggest that the wires go to terminals 2, 1 & 3 respectively?

Are the terminal numbers embossed into the phenolic moulding, just like the GPO ones? If not, the fact that T2 should have a grey wire soldered to it, 1 a black one, and 3 a pink one, should help you.

Or am I missing something obvious??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXXKSD View Post
I promised myself I'd never touch another ITI phone but this one looked pretty good!!
If yours is like the one on the above website, the design and build quality looks quite respectable, not too far removed from a genuine GPO.

Nick.

Last edited by Nickthedentist; 12th Aug 2007 at 9:32 pm.
Closed Thread