UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Apr 2019, 4:04 pm   #1
mole42uk
Nonode

Default Gould J3B output fault

Hi,
After spending some time chasing a fault in an audio amplifier, only to find it was a fault in the signal generator, I wonder if anyone has had similar?

The Gould J3B exhibits all the usual outputs (I'm using the 600Ω sockets) and the meter can be set to 0dB where it stays for each of the four frequency ranges. The output frequency is pretty close to the dial indication on all ranges. However, the output voltage is much lower for the bottom two frequency ranges, I forgot to measure it but probably about a quarter as seen on the 'scope display.

Looking at the circuit, the only parts I can see between the meter and the output terminals are the 300-0-300Ω transformers, the attenuator switches and associated padder networks. I wondered if anyone had seen a similar problem?

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop
Closed Thread