UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Old 15th Apr 2019, 11:53 pm   #61
Timbucus
Triode

Default Re: MK14 programming interface - MK2

Hmmm - it is the same brand SGS 74LS365BI also marked 9844I
Timbucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2019, 12:09 am   #62
SiriusHardware
Nonode

To be exact, this one is marked SGS 74LS365ABI 98441 - I think you probably just missed out the 'A' after the '5' on the one you have there.

Anyway, you'll be able to try it for yourself, I will get it on the way back to you ASAP.
SiriusHardware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2019, 12:15 am   #63
Timbucus
Triode

No actually there is no A so maybe a look at the data sheet is needed or these are re topped devices with a printing error... I have 5 more in transit towards the VDU project
Old 16th Apr 2019, 12:27 am   #64
SiriusHardware
Nonode

It does seem slightly suspicious that two devices would have different main device suffixes and the same batch number.

Your mention of 365s being used on the VDU made me leap across to look at mine to see if it had alternative 365s in it that I could try in the MK14 - but of course the devices in the IC9 / IC10 positions in my VDU are... 80L95s.
SiriusHardware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2019, 1:06 am   #65
Timbucus
Triode

Well tried finding the relevant datasheets but, no joy - the general SGS sheets on 74LS series say the suffix should be B for a DIP - I wonder if it is a different manufacturer - maybe a CMOS part or an original 74365 non schotty even. TI parts had an A after them. I am going with a relabelled chip of unknown exact design due to your observation on the BATCH number...