UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Mar 2006, 8:21 pm   #1
mscottrey
Retired Dormant Member

Default Revox B77 MkII

I have a Revox B77 MkII which needs work, but is in fundamentally good condition. Powers up fine, but the transport doesn't function - this only since I was away and it was in storage. Heads seem OK. Don't know whether to keep and fix, or sell. Any suggestions or offers?
Old 30th Mar 2006, 9:34 pm   #2
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: Revox B77 MkII

Hi there

How dead is dead

If the solenoids clunk and the reels turn then it's probobly an autostop fault.

If it just sits there and won't play ball, see if the capstan's going round. If not, PSU is in trouble. If it is turning, then the fault's probably on the horizontal PCB to the left of the PSU above the buttons. The buttons do fail but not usually all at once. I can scan the circuit if you need it - but tell me which PCB!

If you need bits it may be worth buying an old ASC PR99 on e-bay as the transport boards are the same, and tatty ones don't make too much money.

If you do want to sell send me a PM - not sure where you are - I'd be especially keen if it is 2-tr and hi-speed.

Glyn
Old 31st Mar 2006, 1:24 pm   #3
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Re: Revox B77 MkII

Hello, the B&& is a machine I weould be interested in too can you tell if the capstan is spinning? is the B&& the one with a small light to sensor the tape, located under the head cover, is that working? does the VY bulbs light up and does the meters twitch when turning on the machine? I am getting hold of a PR99 for spares though I think you will need the spares from a MKI machine where mine are MKII (Think the older does not have IC's in it).
Closed Thread