UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st May 2006, 11:14 am   #1
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Ferrograph pinch rollers

I have received the following message from a non-member:
Quote:
saw the piece on Ferrograph pinch rollers, why dont you use Teac pinch rollers, same thing, only the hole for the spindle needs re-dilling, I have in my collection quite a lot of these machines, plus other makes, plus spares, hope the information is of use, dont turn a Ferrograph on, and it dies, the rubbers fall to pieces, turn them on once a week, and they live for ever, dont know why this happens, anyway, best wishes, Tom Boyle

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 1st May 2006, 11:21 am   #2
duran
Tetrode

Default Re: Ferrograph pinch rollers

The pinch rollers that Geoff Kremer at ServiceSound (www.servicesound.com) sells (£20 + P&P) are these TEAC ones from an old stock in Japan. He gets them machined over here. They are an exact replacement, and take about a minute to fit. They might seem pricey, but it would be all too easy to machine the hole just a little too big!

duran
Old 1st May 2006, 5:48 pm   #3
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Re: Ferrograph pinch rollers

Servicesound is good though Geoff has told me that they do not go into the Super or Logic seven without an extra pin (as found in the series 7 machines) I have brought a few of these rollers and they work bery well, without the pin, the rollers tend to rub against the metal caps of the logic seven.
Closed Thread