UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Apr 2006, 8:12 pm   #1
bandmbill
Retired Dormant Member

Default Philips N4504 belts

Hi

Just dug my Philips N4504 out from a cupboad - bought in 1978 with my 21st birthday money - hasn't been used for around 12 years.

The tape counter belt has gone to goo - the rewind belt has stretched and the capstan belt is a bit slack.

Can I get replacement belts?

Played a tape and it sounds good - just a bit slow.

Thanks

Bill
Old 23rd Apr 2006, 11:11 am   #2
mieite
Tetrode

Default Re: Philips N4504 belts

Hi
There are many sites on the net were you can by them.
I use on my reel to reel normal O-rings, you have to measure wich size you need, they are not so expensive as originals (Tandberg 0,80 euro) and can be found in stores that are specialized on everything made of rubber.
Regards
Nisse
Old 26th Apr 2006, 1:38 am   #3
Andrew_Keith
Retired Dormant Member

Wink Re: Philips N4504 belts

Hi Bill, If you try Doffery a member of this forum there is a good chance he can help you He seems to have a good stock of Philips belts and he supplied me with a full set for my 4307 last year.
Good luck.
Closed Thread