UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Apr 2006, 9:34 pm   #1
reelguy
Heptode

Default Good week for freebies.

Hi All, Picked up an AKAI GX 4000DS from the local Freecycle group. working order but needs a clean.
Also picked up a working Pioneer RT 707 reel to Reel deck. Very dusty as it is a Rack mounted type in a custom cabinet without a back. Have removed some loose dust but needs an airline on it. Also had an Aiwa cassette receiver AF 3090 in the same cabinet. The latter weighs a TON.. Also a Technics turntable SL 1900. Two Panasonic speakers and two tatty Sanyo speakers.. Anyway, I am Very pleased with the Pioneer and the Akai recorders .. Peter Reelguy https://www.vintage-radio.net/images...2/thumbsup.gif
Old 15th Apr 2006, 11:15 pm   #2
vince
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Good week for freebies.

Hi, reel to reel rec machines always fascinated me when i was a child and always wanted to own one,... i never ever could afford one though as my pocket money was not enough.

Now that these machines can be found and bought for little money are their any real advantages to be had using these machines with respect to the modern counterpart besides say greater o/p. having said this i keep seeing reel to reel machines on American FBI programmes where perhaps the reason for use is the much longer play/rec value.
Old 16th Apr 2006, 4:39 pm   #3
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Two fantastic machines Out of the two the RT-707 I would say is the better looking machine, the GX boasts the glass heads, both machines worth a bob or two
Old 16th Apr 2006, 4:45 pm   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

And the SL1900 & AF3030 sound nice too
Closed Thread