UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Feb 2020, 9:51 pm   #1
Valvepower
Octode

Default Transferring a compact cassette to an MP3 file for a Funeral service

Hello,

Firstly, I’m really not sure where to put this post, so moderators if you feel I’ve put it in the wrong section please transfer it to the appropriate section.

Righty-ho, here’s the situation…. My eldest Sons Partners Grandfather recently passed away and as part of his Funeral next Monday, 17th Feb the family would like to use part of a speech her late Grandfather did in the early 1980’s, which is on a compact cassette.

The family would like to use this as part of the funeral service, but this must be transferred from compact cassette to MP3 file to enable it to be integrated into the audio for the Funeral service on the 17th Feb.

I could have done it using Audacity, but I don’t have decent cassette player anymore - that'll teach me to have a clear out

Seeing the importance of the cassette the family would like to find someone reliable and trustworthy to transfer this to MP3 before Monday 17th Feb and can anyone recommend someone the London or Poole, Dorset areas who could help? The family would consider posting using Special Delivery if the person is recommended and is trustworthy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
Terry Bateman
Old 8th Feb 2020, 10:19 pm   #2
mickm3for
Heptode

Default Re: Transferring a compact cassette to an MP3 file for a Funeral service

Hi i would offer to copy to mp3 i have a cass player and not far from you
how long is it, you could bring it over leave it with me and pick both up later i am here most days NOT friday if this helps Mick
Old 9th Feb 2020, 12:41 pm   #3
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Transferring a compact cassette to an MP3 file for a Funeral service

I'm going to Dorset this week, I can put a good cassette deck in the car and provided they have a desktop computer and dont mind me downloading audacity, then I'll do it for them.

Send me a PM if interested.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 10th Feb 2020, 2:14 am   #4
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

By coincidence, a few hours ago whilst researching something entirely different, I came across this press clipping from 1896
Click image for larger version

Name:	phonohraph at funeral.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	198726
Closed Thread