UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing


Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 25th Jul 2021, 8:09 pm   #1
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Dunstable, Bedfordshire, UK.
Posts: 111
Default PVC/silicone plastic grip fluted tubing

Sorry if this isn't appropriate so delete if required.

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm after this kind of fluted/ribbed plastic/pvc/silicone tubing as per the pic. I've searched high and low but can't find any anywhere except in a biggish size, ie around 10-15mm diameter. In any case the seller had something like 100m minimum order. I really need some about 5 or 6 mm. Has anyone ever come across it?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7126.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	238220  
els1967 is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2021, 10:41 pm   #2
majoconz's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Posts: 483
Default Re: PVC/silicone plastic grip fluted tubing

Does it have to be waterproof? I've put wires into shoe laces before now and they look pretty good. Just cut the ferrule off the end then carefully melt the end of the tube or just a quick dip into Evostik. Join all the wires together in a bit of heatshrink then they will slide easily through the shoe lace.
Cheers - Martin ZL2MC
majoconz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:01 pm.

All information and advice on this forum is subject to the WARNING AND DISCLAIMER located at
Failure to heed this warning may result in death or serious injury to yourself and/or others.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2002 - 2021, Paul Stenning.