UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Mar 2019, 12:21 pm   #1
livewireless123
Tetrode

Default Computer module?

I found some of these in an old junk box, just out of interest I wonder if anyone knows what equipment they were used in. FF I presume is for flip flop. I seem to remember They were on big boards I found in an electronic junk shop in Manchester. I was more interested in the 100Khz crystals on the boards as i was after building a nixie clock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flip flop.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	180509  

PREVIOUS USER NAME- MIKE G3ZII
Old 27th Mar 2019, 5:05 pm   #2
duncanlowe
Nonode

Default Re: Computer module?

It seems you are correct. http://www.electrojumble.org/DATA/Mu...Combi_Data.pdf
Old 29th Mar 2019, 2:32 am   #3
Karen O
Rest in Peace

What you have there looks like an interesting piece of computer history.

I just need thirty of them (plus a couple of spares)
Old 29th Mar 2019, 12:18 pm   #4
livewireless123
Tetrode

That seems to fit, Mullard from the early 60's. I seem to remember opening one up and it had the Mullard black glass transistors inside. I think I got these in about 1970, they were being thrown out as obsolete and TTL was on the way in.

I can't find 30 of them sorry, if you PM your address I can send one, I only found a few and I've had another request for one. Don't worry about post cost they should go as a large letter.

PREVIOUS USER NAME- MIKE G3ZII
Old 29th Mar 2019, 8:06 pm   #5
Karen O
Rest in Peace

Just kidding LV123

But many thanks for your very kind offer.

They'd make an interesting talking piece if they were mounted in a box frame with a little added printed history.

I think I drift somewhere between art and science!

Last edited by Karen O; 29th Mar 2019 at 8:06 pm. Reason: Include thank you
Old 30th Mar 2019, 2:10 pm   #6
Skywave
Rest in Peace

That brings back memories! In 1968 when I went to work for a well-known government radio and electronics security organisation in Gloucestershire, I was initially put in their technician's training school. For the trainees to 'play around with', there was all manner of relatively ancient bits of hardware - including those - known as 'Combi blocks'. In essence, they were the forerunner of DTL (diode transistor logic), and occasionally one would find a 1U 19" panel with several solderable matching sockets physically assembled therein in parallel. There was the FF1, FF2, (flip-flops), PS1 and PS2 (pulse stretchers) and others. All were labelled accordingly and were different colours. If memory serves me correctly, the transistors within were OC44, OC45 and possibly OC70.

Al.
Closed Thread