UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Oct 2014, 7:07 pm   #1
Radio Tech
Nonode

Default Sony SLV-SE230 VCR

Hi Folks

can someone point me in the right direction to get this type of vcr to track correctly, when playing a vhs tape the top of the picture is trying to tear and I think it may need a slight adjustment to the head in some way, I don't have a manual.

Regards

Ken
Old 10th Oct 2014, 8:28 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Sony SLV-SE230 VCR

Ken,

I presume you're using it with a CRT telly from an era when VCRs were the norm?

Very old (pre-1980) sets can give rise to similar symptoms, as can some LCD models, I believe.

N.
Old 19th Oct 2014, 4:22 pm   #3
Radio Tech
Nonode

Default Re: Sony SLV-SE230 VCR

Hello Nick

I was indeed, but found a solution, first, the buttons on the remote were getting u/s and I came across a more reliable vcr which did not create the problem.

Thanks Nick
Closed Thread