UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Nov 2016, 10:07 am   #1
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default BVWS 40th Anniversary Finalé -Writtle Hut, Chelmsford - Sunday 13th November

BVWS 40th Anniversary Finalé

Sunday 13th November 2016, 1pm to 5pm.

Writtle Hut, Sandford Mill Museum, Sandford Mill Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 6NY.

Extraordinary General Meeting of the Committee including talks about the formation and history of the society by Tony Constable and David Read.

Free refreshments.

45 minute talk by Tim Wander on the history of 2MT Writtle

We hope to recreate the historic photo of the BVWS 1977 first AGM which was held at the Writtle Hut with as many original and current members as possible.

Please bring your own item to display.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 11th Nov 2016, 11:21 am   #2
GMB
Dekatron

Default Re: BVWS 40th Anniversary Finalé -Writtle Hut, Chelmsford - Sunday 13th November

So is the Sandford Mill Museum going to be open during this, e.g. in the morning - and what is there so see?

Can one bring a guest?
Old 11th Nov 2016, 7:47 pm   #3
murphymad
Heptode

Default Re: BVWS 40th Anniversary Finalé -Writtle Hut, Chelmsford - Sunday 13th November

The Sandford Mill Museum will be open from 1pm to 5pm for the BVWS event.

The whole Museum will be open for viewing and visitors who stay later will also be treated to a tour of the areas of the Museum that are not normally accessible.

There are no worries about the weather as everything is inside the main Mill buildings.

I am told that there is car parking for about 300 vehicles.

Guests are welcome.

We look forward to seeing you there,

Mike...
Old 13th Nov 2016, 11:12 pm   #4
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Thank you to everyone who came today. I hope you enjoyed it.

At the EGM Alex Hewitt was formally appointed onto the committee as bulletin designer, with the vote carried unanimously. That's fortunate, as he's nearly finished the Winter edition!

The museum certainly made us all very welcome, there was plenty of food in the free buffet, and the talk about Writtle was interesting and entertaining.

It was a long drive for me which is why I didn't hang around after the talk to chat. Sorry to those who I know or who know me but that I didn't get a chance to speak with.

Paul Stenning
Old 13th Nov 2016, 11:19 pm   #5
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Did that photo ever get taken?
Old 13th Nov 2016, 11:27 pm   #6
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Yes, between the EGM and the talk. There were photos of everyone present, of the current committee (including Alex, but not Ian as he couldn't get there), and of those present who were in the original photo. The angle is rather different to the original due to the hut's position in the building.

Paul Stenning
Old 13th Nov 2016, 11:34 pm   #7
Horris
Hexode

A great afternoon, nice to see so many members being able to attend. My thanks to the organizers for all the hard work put in by them.

Dave
M0HBV
Old 13th Nov 2016, 11:59 pm   #8
Herald1360
Dekatron

A thoroughly enjoyable day out, combined with as much as one could eat as a free bonus.

Definitely an "Extraordinary General Meeting"!
.........O..Chris....O
Closed Thread