UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 25th Jan 2018, 10:21 pm   #1
jamesinnewcastl
Heptode

Default Reproducing QA stamps and the like!

Hi All

As part of restoring WW2 radio kit I like to respray the metalwork but I lose the nice original QA stamps etc.

Anyway, The chosen route is simply to take a photo of the originals and send it to a 'custom rubber stamp' company. I kept individual spacings if there were more than one but interleaving them with others for economy then cutting the stamp to seperate individual clusters. The stamps have a sticky backing.

Anyway - results attached - makes three different stamps

Cheers
James
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stamp 1.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	156148  
Old 26th Jan 2018, 12:38 am   #2
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: Reproducing QA stamps and the like!

What a great idea! I didn’t know such a company existed. I want to re finish the cabinet on an old Ekco TV, but there is an Ekco logo printed on the front below the screen, and I’ve been wondering how I’d go about either dodging round it or reproducing it. I’ll have to give this a go!

Regards
Lloyd
Old 26th Jan 2018, 5:39 am   #3
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.

I can get them made on the street here.
Old 26th Jan 2018, 8:10 am   #4
dseymo1
Retired Dormant Member

They are made in a similar way to etching PCBs; in fact, if you have a UV source and the need for a few stamps, it might be worth looking into making them yourself.
Old 26th Jan 2018, 8:15 am   #5
MrBungle
Dekatron

They’re pretty cheap to get made to order. I had a local company make one up for me for about £8 a few years back. I wrote “happy birthday” on a sheet of paper and they made a copy. This was so I could just stamp the birthday cards as they came around the office in a show of disdain for my colleagues instead of actually writing something (it was a big company and this was a twice daily event)
Old 26th Jan 2018, 8:27 am   #6
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseymo1 View Post
They are made in a similar way to etching PCBs; in fact, if you have a UV source and the need for a few stamps, it might be worth looking into making them yourself.
Carved free hand here, a work of art. Literally on a stool in the street, I don't know how much but its pennies.
Old 26th Jan 2018, 8:52 am   #7
jamesinnewcastl
Heptode

Hi

The joy of my particular application is that I can't really make it too messy!

It helps if you can use photoshop or similar to get the image black and white and set the size and resolution but the company i used do offer to help out in that regard.

James
Closed Thread