UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 12th Dec 2017, 12:25 am   #21
Skywave
Dekatron

Arrow Re: 'Kalmus' wideband RFPA: info.?

Thanks everyone for your very helpful & informative replies so far.

To me, it's quite clear now that the next logical thing to do with this amp. is to plonk it on the bench, take the covers off and give it an eye-ball exam. - at least. Perhaps something more extensive, such as attempting to analyze various modules within (assuming that that type of construction has been used). But all that will have to wait for a bit, since at the moment the bench is fully occupied with another project. But in the immortal words of General MacArthur "I will return!"

Al.
Old 12th Dec 2017, 5:32 pm   #22
Skywave
Dekatron

Angry Re: 'Kalmus' wideband RFPA: info.?

Did someone say something about the reliability of this amp.? Today, whilst using it, it suddenly stopped producing O/P - well, except for a mere trickle of a signal into 50 Ohms that is. I checked for all the usual 'operator sillies': I reckon that something inside it has gone 'pop'. (And it isn't the d.c. 10 amp. fuse at the rear).

Ho hum: never a dull moment in this hobby!

Al.