UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 9th Mar 2016, 2:40 pm   #1
Nymrod121
Nonode

Default Uploaded images: uncommanded rotation

Just found why some of my previous picture uploads have ended up 90° displaced. It's only happened with photos taken using my smartphone and I've realised it's due to having the 'auto-rotate viewing screen option' active. If I turn it off, the image I upload apppears as it should. Hope this helps ...
Best wishes
Guy
Old 10th Mar 2016, 12:17 pm   #2
Refugee
Dekatron

Default Re: Uploaded images: uncommanded rotation

It is a very common problem with all mobile devices and what you need to do varies wildly.
My first advice is to open the photo in an editor on a desk top computer and save it again. This clears the flags that are set by the mobile device so that the photo displays without unexpected results.
If you are on a slower internet connection you can save time by re-sizing the photo to 800X600 as the forum software is set to do this automatically after you have uploaded your photo.
Closed Thread