UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Apr 2019, 10:14 am   #1
Alan Sinclair
Retired Dormant Member

Default Radiomobile 106S

Hi I am new to this and hope I am posting in the correct place.

I have a Radiomobile 106s which has been disconnected, and I have no idea what the six wires do or go. Can you help please.

Alan Sinclair

Last edited by AC/HL; 5th Apr 2019 at 12:19 pm. Reason: Thread split
Old 6th Apr 2019, 2:34 am   #2
teetoon
Heptode

Default Re: Radiomobile 106S

Hi Alan. See if this post from last year helps :- https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=150270

The speaker outputs appear to be twin red for left and twin black for right. There should be a marker on the wires (usually a line ) to show which is + and - .
The other wires will be positive and earth. It's advisable to check which battery polarity the unit is set for as in the instructions for changing it.

David.

Last edited by teetoon; 6th Apr 2019 at 2:41 am.
Old 7th Apr 2019, 8:27 am   #3
Alan Sinclair
Retired Dormant Member

Thank you David that did help but now I found the drive belt has almost melted so my next problem is to find a drive belt any ideas?
Old 7th Apr 2019, 11:55 am   #4
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Alan, I guess by now you'll have seen my reply to the previous thread about the manual and belt dimensions. David (teetoon) is right about the external wiring. Originally there will have been labels on the red and black wires marked 'sinistro' (left) and 'destro' (right)- the 108 series was Italian in origin made by Voxson originally. If your 106S is a N/P version then it's polarity can be changed by swapping over two wires either side of the large electrolytic capacitor on the LH end of the output PCB. If the model no. does not include the 'N/P' suffix it is Negative Earth Only The supply lead should incorporate an in-line fuseholder containing a 5 Amp fuse, and may include a filter choke, but, for some reason I could never understand, these items were often cut off. Since there are no internal fuses in these products, an in-line fuse is, IMHO, Essential.
Old 2nd May 2019, 7:39 pm   #5
Alan Sinclair
Retired Dormant Member

Thank you for the information I have tested it out. I works fine but when I switch off and go to put it on again the next day it doesn't go again unless I manually spin the motor. It doesn't work so it may require a new motor.

Can anyone service these?
Closed Thread