UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 17th Mar 2019, 1:04 pm   #1
johny17
Triode

Default Avo valve tester transformer wanted

Hello my AVO valve tester is missing the anode voltage transformer. I bought the meter about 15 years ago. It was in working order but I forgot it one night on at the mains and next morning the anode voltage transformer was smoking heavily! I removed and sent it to Athens in a transformer repair shop, I was told it's a difficult operation and it would take a lot of time. A year later visited again the shop (I live in Crete) and it was closed due to the economical crisis of Greece!) No signs of the transformer of-course. So I would like to bring the tester again in working order if possible and I am seeking for a used but working anode voltage transformer (the one missing in the photos) at a reasonable price. Thanks a lot, Yiannis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190317_132358.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	180060   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190317_132420.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	180061  
johny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2019, 11:17 pm   #2
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Avo valve tester transformer wanted

Hi Johny,if you have no luck getting a used transformer (they were not noted for reliability), I may be able to wind a replacement. Note that it would not be physically identical as the lamination's used would not now be available.

Ed
Ed_Dinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 7:29 am   #3
johny17
Triode

Hello Ed, thank you very much for your offer. You mean you can wind a replacement transformer with the windings of screen and anode in phase? So I just figure out how to solder it back and it works? Will I have the full range of voltages available? Thanks a lot, Yiannis
johny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 9:49 am   #4
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Yiannis, you have a PM.
Can you reply using the email option

Ed
Ed_Dinning is offline   Reply With Quote