UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 9th Oct 2018, 5:56 pm   #1
The Philpott
Dekatron

Default Leather handle- old Avometers.

Quite pleased with Grants Craft Leathers, of Aldershot. Have several Avo's from 1934-1968 period with straps that are dangerously weak, and this company supplies black or brown leather blanks in 55" lengths, an inch wide and around 3.5mm thick. Absolutely ideally sized for the purpose. One piece, at around £8, provides enough for 4 meters, as long as you make no mistakes. Fitting them without creasing/mangling them takes a bit of practice- the leftover 6" can be used to get the knack. (I used Tableau leather food for lube.)

Dave
Old 11th Oct 2018, 11:16 am   #2
TowerRadio
Hexode

Default Re: Leather handle- old Avometers.

I replaced the leather handle on my fathers Avo cap bridge with a bit cut off a nice Italian black leather belt from a charity shop.It had to be reduced in width but its not a problem with a new Stanley blade. The new edge I just used a permanent marker on and black shoe polish. Les
Closed Thread