UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Feb 2020, 10:32 pm   #1
lol30375
Triode

Default Bush TR82C

Hi all,
I had an old TR82 sitting in the loft for years which was dead when powered up. I have changed 3 electrolytic caps C22 C23 & C24, the speaker (as it was torn), & the broken wave change switch. Now its working again but i can only get one station on the MW, radio 4 which is perfect & powerful, but nothing else throughout the range & on LW i can get 2 stations although not as strong. Where should i start looking now?
thanks in advance, Laurie
Old 16th Feb 2020, 7:35 am   #2
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Bush TR82C

Damage to the aerial coils might cause this, look for the very fine wires and follow them to see if they are attached to the correct place.
Did you have to remove these wires when you changed the wave change switch.
Mike
Old 16th Feb 2020, 11:50 am   #3
music-centre
Heptode

Hi,
Was it just a Typo or are you receiving Radio 4 with the wave change switch set to MW?
Radio 4 should be received on the LW setting so I would check the connections are correct to the switch you changed firstly.
Steve.
Old 16th Feb 2020, 2:54 pm   #4
lol30375
Triode

Hi all & thanks mike & steve for your replies,silly me i had the chassis out of the case & put the LW & MW buttons on the wrong way round late yesterday & thanks for pointing that out to me about radio 4 it made sense straight away then
regards laurie
Closed Thread