UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Jul 2007, 12:25 pm   #1
Stewart
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig Concert Boy 201 E

Can anyone help with information on this set?

A net search suggests that this is an early FM transistor portable dating from 1961/2.

I'm especially after a circuit diagram. The set is in waiting in line on the restoration bench after I aquired it at the recent Wotton Bassett meet. Its working but showing signs of slight distortion. That shouldn't be too hard to put right (says he) but a diagram will assist greatly - especially as there are 5 preset resistors on the panel. I can guess that two of them set up the output stage, and one might balance the ratio detector...but the others I haven't a clue about!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grundig concert boy 1.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	11022   Click image for larger version

Name:	grundig concert boy 2.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	11023  
Old 21st Jul 2007, 1:14 pm   #2
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig Concert Boy 201 E

Hello Stewart,

I just opened up my Concert-Boy Transistor 200, of very similar appearance, on the off chance of there being a circuit diagram loitering inside No such luck, but it does at least appear that my set is the mains/battery version of yours and if information on the Concert Boy 200 can be found it would very likely cover your needs. I'd always wondered quite what manner of battery holders my radio had lost...

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007_07210085A.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	11025  
Old 21st Jul 2007, 1:22 pm   #3
howard
Nonode

Hello Stewart,

It is a 1961/2 German built 8 transistor set and if you PM me I'll send you the circuit diagrams for it.

Howard
Old 21st Jul 2007, 1:42 pm   #4
Stewart
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks for the swift reply gentlemen!

Goodness - so there was a mains / battery version too eh! Sounds like the one to have! Quite a sophisticated set given the year...it must have been quite costly!

Those battery boxes need a little attention as it happens - at present the contacts are a tad twitchy!

Howard, I've sent a PM about the diagrams! Many thanks for that! The only "200" set I could find information for was a decade later on....
Old 22nd Jul 2007, 3:34 pm   #5
Herald1360
Dekatron

Interesting aerial setup- it looks like you could make up a near full size half wave dipole on FM out of it!

Chris
Closed Thread