UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Mar 2008, 9:21 pm   #21
jjl
Octode

Default Re: Static inverter for Gee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Manton View Post
Hi Sean,

But as a confirmed lazy wossname who avoids building something if it can be bought for less than the cost of building one, I'd be looking for an old rack-mount PA amp, probably a faulty one as they're usually pretty easy to fix.
Hello Sean

Thinking along these lines, I use a Behringer power amp in my bass guitar rig that would probably fit the bill; the model is EP2500. These can be had for around a couple of hundred pounds new and most likely much less second hand.

John
Old 29th Mar 2008, 11:05 pm   #22
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Will keep looking into this, as there are one or two Museums that are interested too - Thanks for the info so far!
Old 30th Mar 2008, 12:57 am   #23
Danny
Heptode

Hi my friend has the diagram for a unit . from what hes told me over the phone it uses a standard mains tranceformer 35.0.35 and this is fed strait from the mains the ouput is then chopped with normal transistors feeding the output direct. he tells me that the complete gee only draws 250 watts . but the h2s is another story. i will let you know as soon as i get the diagram. i believe it was descined by a technition at duxford . Danny
Closed Thread