UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Dec 2014, 8:40 pm   #1
wave solder
Hexode

Default Pye Pegasus

Does anyone have any connection information or even better service documentation for the military Pye Pegasus radio?

I have one here but it is not showing any signs of life at the moment.
My connections are only a bit of guesswork at the moment so any information to help clarify things would be useful.

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th Dec 2014, 9:30 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye Pegasus

I spent quite a bit of time in the 1980s supporting the base-stations that the Pegasus radios worked with as part of the "MOULD" network - see http://www.ringbell.co.uk/ukwmo/Page251.htm

The telephone handset is pretty much the same wiring as similar-era Clansman radios. The bits-inside-the-green-box are derivatives of the Pye "Olympic" M252 series; it was sold commercially [in a JCB-yellow case] to various bus-companies as the "Pye Beaver", and used identical crystals to the Olympic series. Later on it was replaced by the Australian-designed "FM900/914" series of synthesized radios.

Alas I didn't manage to retain any of the manuals [they were marked "RESTRICTED" and we had to count them out and count them all back in again].

The only bit of pegasus I still have is this TBA810AS audio-output module...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	102013  
Closed Thread