UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th May 2018, 5:29 pm   #1
linescan87
Heptode

Default Grundig Super elite CUC2410

I'm currently wrapping up sets ready for storage as I will moving house soon, thought I would share this one you.

When I was working with a colleague about 10 years ago he started telling me about a set owned by his mother, and if was possible to still get it repaired as it was quite old. I sent him in the direction of John's shop. John called me to say the set had been dropped in so I went up to see it, we couldn't believe how clean it was. A quick look over revealed that the tripler had failed and luckily he had one in stock. When it was fitted we got a great picture and the 30ax tube was first class.

I said to my colleague that if they ever wanted to dispose of the set I would gladly accept it. Sure enough about 4 years later he gave me a call to say the had got a new set and the Grundig was mine if I still wanted it, he even dropped it out to the house.

Cheers, John Joe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180517_153740.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	163063   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180517_172627.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	163064  
Old 20th May 2018, 3:05 am   #2
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig Super elite CUC2410

Great sets. I have a couple of the older (circa 1981) CUC60 and cuc220 chassis and they needed triplers. That was all!
I have one almost identical to yours, I think its a cuc2400 from 1986 but there's a problem on the IF panel, it's been gathering dust on a shelf for 15 years now!
Old 20th May 2018, 8:02 am   #3
1955APREN
Hexode

Default Re: Grundig Super elite CUC2410

Hi Ben
IF problem on Grundig tv,s remove tuner If unit take off both top & bottom screening plates , then replace all 4.7uf cap that you can see, also make certain that the earthing strips are not dry jointed at any point
Regards Derrick
Closed Thread