UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Mar 2008, 8:29 pm   #21
TrevorM6TSE
Heptode

Default Re: Panasonic TC-2253A (maybe not vintage)

Hi again All,

Thanks for the update Welsh Anorak. You've certainly answered it for me then!
As the tube sounds to be duff and I'm pretty sure my partner will not let it anywhere near the house it will be a case of getting rid

So, does anyone want it? Free to a good home and can be collected from Sheffield (where my Mum is) or Just off J28 (where I am)

PM me back if anyone is interested.
Old 14th Mar 2008, 8:27 pm   #22
Mikey405
Octode

There is a common fault on these sets which causes low brightness, and that is caused by a Zener diode in one of the LT supplies to the decoder going open circuit. (I think there were actually 2 in series). The supply to the decoder then goes up (by only a small amount) and causes the problem. I haven't serviced one of these sets for many years so I can't exactly remember the component numbers, but the zener itself is on the bottom panel. I don't think I've ever seen one of these with a really bad tube, although I'm sure there must have been dodgy ones about.

Hope this helps TrickyTrev.

From Mike.

Last edited by Mikey405; 14th Mar 2008 at 8:33 pm.
Old 17th Mar 2008, 2:53 am   #23
BGmidsUK
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repairman 1234 View Post
HELLO,
If it has one try looking at the TDA3562A
Wasn't that also used in the dreaded F****ity ZX3000 chassis great fun those sets, nothing was stable

From your post describing the symptoms my first thoughts were low-emission tube, I agree with Steve_P no harm in boosting the heaters a bit

BG
Closed Thread