UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section.

Old 6th Dec 2020, 1:28 pm   #1
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default New Service Data products now available

I am delighted to launch four new DVD-ROMs at www.service-data.com:

The pricing structure is arranged so that the more you buy on the same order the cheaper they are per disk.
  • 1 DVD-ROM = 24.99
  • 2 DVD-ROMs = 44.99
  • 3 DVD-ROMs = 59.99
  • 4 DVD-ROMs = 69.99
  • All 5 DVD-ROMs = 74.99

The original Vintage Radio Service Data DVD-ROM has been renamed to Vintage Radio Service Data Volume 1 DVD-ROM with content unchanged. The previous Valve Data CD-ROM is discontinued in favour of the new Valve and Transistor Data DVD-ROM which is much more comprehensive and easier to use.

Various combinations are also available on USB3 memory sticks for the same price as the relevant DVD-ROMs purchased together:

The complete collection costs just 74.99 either on 5 DVD-ROMs or on one USB memory stick.

Postage for all DVD-ROM and USB orders is FREE worldwide! Orders are normally posted within 2-3 days however with the new product launches it may take a little longer.

All the new service data has also been added to the Instant Downloads section. The price is still only 1.99 each.

Existing DVD-ROM Customers

All existing DVD-ROM owners should receive an email in the next hour or so which includes a special discount code to get the new DVD-ROMs at the same pricing as though you had ordered all together, along with a discount on USBs.

The email also contain information on how to get the minor updates to the PDF index file, the new HTML index file, and the updated service sheets. Note that no new content is added, it is just better quality copies of existing data.

If you haven't received the email by this evening please message me here or via the email on the website Contact Us page.

Forum Discount

All forum members can get a 20% discount on DVD-ROMs and USBs by using offer code FORUM20 on the basket page.

The system only allows one discount code, so if you are an existing DVD-ROM customer use the one in your email instead.

All other customers will also be emailed a 20% discount code, later today or tomorrow.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Committee Member
Paul Stenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2020, 1:38 pm   #2
trh01uk
Octode

Default Re: New Service Data products now available

Just to be clear here, I presume its accurate to say these cover only broadcast radio receivers?

I did check the contents list of Vol.2, and the only sets I could spot that might not strictly come under that description were a couple of Eddystone receivers (670 and 870A).

Richard
trh01uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2020, 1:40 pm   #3
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Yes although there are a couple of Eddystone manuals that have slipped in, it is all broadcast receivers.

Paul Stenning
Old 6th Dec 2020, 8:41 pm   #4
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Emails to DVD-ROM customers were sent earlier this afternoon, and emails to other customers will finish sending in the next few minutes.

If you have ordered a DVD-ROM previously and haven't had an email please contact me so I can amend your email address as necessary and send you the relevant discount codes and other information.

If you have ordered other service data but not the DVD-ROM and not received an email, then you can just use the offer code here which gives the same 20% discount. However if you want your email address updating then, again, please contact me.

Paul Stenning
Old 7th Dec 2020, 7:11 pm   #5
Electronpusher0
Octode

Thanks Paul, just ordered the 5 DVD set, could not resist the multi purchase and members discounts.

Peter
Electronpusher0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2020, 8:55 pm   #6
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Quite a few people have taken advantage of that offer, and the USB stick with all five DVDs. It's a vast amount of data for 60.

The most popular combination is Radio Volume 2 and Valve & Transistor Data, then Radio Volume 2 on its own. Sales of the Television DVDs are lower but that's expected.

Paul Stenning
Old 8th Dec 2020, 12:16 pm   #7
matthewhouse
Heptode

I've also ordered all the extra DVDs. Having so much service information to hand is immensely useful.
matthewhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2020, 10:54 am   #8
matthewhouse
Heptode

Arrived today, very fast shipping!
matthewhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2020, 10:58 am   #9
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Excellent, I thought the first ones would start to arrive today. They were posted (first class) Monday late afternoon so would have been collected from the letterbox yesterday morning. There is obviously the usual seasonal delays starting to have an effect though, so some could take longer.

Paul Stenning
Old 9th Dec 2020, 4:48 pm   #10
cathoderay57
Octode

First Class product - thank you very much. Jerry
cathoderay57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2020, 7:56 pm   #11
AC/HL
Dekatron

Mine arrived today, although I already had what is now vol.1. Essential for those who contribute advice to the forum, and now even easier to install and use.
Old 10th Dec 2020, 9:10 pm   #12
Station X

Mine arrived today too.

Keep the soldering iron hot.
Station X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2020, 1:19 pm   #13
sortedradio
Hexode

My USB stick arrived safely today. I've been looking forward to this ever an since updated version was mentioned. There is an unbelievable ammount of work in this compilation - thank you. I bet you never want to see a scanner again!
sortedradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2020, 10:37 am   #14
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I have just added two pages to the website:

https://www.service-data.com/page.php/combine - combining the two radio DVDs or two TV DVDs on your computer with single indexes.

https://www.service-data.com/page.php/screenshots - screenshots of the PDF and HTML index files.

Paul Stenning
Old 12th Dec 2020, 2:48 pm   #15
bc312
Pentode

My DVD of Valve and Transistor Data arrived today; amazing amount of very useful information. Thank you Paul for all the hard work putting this compilation together.

Mike

BVWS member, EUG
Radio Bygones/Radiophile
bc312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2020, 2:58 pm   #16
Philips210
Octode

Hi.

I ordered the Radio data Vol 2 disk, both TV disks and the valve/transistor data disk plus an update to my Radio data Vol 1 disk. All five arrived yesterday and what a wealth of information there is. They represent excellent value for money for anyone repairing/servicing old radio/TV.

My original Radio Vol 1 data is regularly used so has paid for itself many times over. The circuit diagrams and data are very clear to read. Although I have a full set of R&TV servicing books and many TV service manuals, it's often easier to print off the relevant data from Paul's disk. I copied the data to the hard drive of my computer for convenience.

Thanks Paul.

Regards,
Symon
Philips210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2020, 3:11 pm   #17
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Hi Symon,

The information in the first link in post #14 may be useful if you haven't already seen it.

Everyone is welcome to leave reviews here if you wish too https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.service-data.com

Paul Stenning
Old 13th Dec 2020, 9:49 pm   #18
Philips210
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stenning View Post
The information in the first link in post #14 may be useful if you haven't already seen it.
Thanks Paul, when I get chance I'll look into that.

Regards,
Symon
Philips210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Dec 2020, 3:56 pm   #19
Paul Stenning
Administrator

The last posting date for 1st class UK deliveries before Christmas according to the Royal Mail website is Monday 21st December.

If you want your new DVD-ROMs or USB in time for Christmas, please order no later than the evening of Saturday 19th. This will allow me time to pack them and post them on Sunday 20th for collection from the letterbox on the morning of Monday 21st.

Of course despite this published date there is no guarantee. Royal Mail are extremely busy this year, more-so than usual with more people ordering online due to covid, so please order sooner to avoid disappointment.

I will continue to get all orders posted as quickly as possible, even after the official date.

Paul Stenning
Old 19th Dec 2020, 6:56 pm   #20
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Quick reminder that today is officially the final day for ordering DVDs and USBs for Christmas delivery. Although if you order tomorrow morning that'll be OK as I'll be packing and posting in the afternoon.

Beyond that they will still be posted as quickly as possible but it will be after the Royal Mail last posting date.

Paul Stenning