UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 21st Sep 2019, 2:48 pm   #1
Gonzini
Pentode

Default Tek 7000 Series

Hi all
Its time for the Tek 7000 scopes and plugins to find a new home.
Really its a job lot as can't store it any longer.
Asking 350 for the lot.

Pics:-
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wt9x0wt0c...hYc0PrMKa?dl=0

7623A Is fully working as far as I'm aware, used to be used on the bench up until recently.
7603 Working but needs some TLC.
Its all in good condition. I can't verify working condition of modules that aren't in the 7623A. But I'm sure they work.
Collection Fareham area southcoast UK.
Details as below.

7A26 Dual Trace Amplifier
7A13 Differential Comparator
7B85 Delaying Timebase
7B53A Dual Timebase
7B80 Timebase

7623A Oscilloscope Storage Mainframe (with fitted plugins)
7A18A Dual Trace Amplifier
7A13 Differential Comparator
7B53A Dual Timebase

7603 Oscilloscope Mainframe
Gonzini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 10:31 am   #2
woodchips
Heptode

Default Re: Tek 7000 Series

In my sad experience you might be very optimistic. No one buys analogue scopes now, too old and large, need skill to operate. I have just re-started using my 7623, in the end I couldn't stand the on screen display, I am perfectly capable of reading knobs and mental calculation.

If you get an offer of more than 20 each mainframe and 10 each plug in then you will be doing pretty well. I tried to sell a number of complete 76x3 with three plug ins for 10, no takers, scrapped.
woodchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 11:46 am   #3
Gonzini
Pentode

Oh dear, well seems a shame to dump it all. Its one for the collectors.
Well i guess I'm open to a deal if someone wants to PM me. I rather that than taking it all to the tip....

Last edited by Gonzini; 22nd Sep 2019 at 12:08 pm.
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 11:54 am   #4
ajgriff
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchips View Post
No one buys analogue scopes now .....
Not entirely true in my experience as a quick bit of research also suggests. The two comparator plug-ins are certainly worth more than 10 each and whilst the asking price for the job lot may not appeal to forum members I suspect that 350 could be achieved by selling as split lots on-line.

Scrapping Tek 7000 series scopes and plug-ins is sinful in my view but everyone is, of course, entitled to dispose of items they own as they see fit.

Alan
ajgriff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 12:21 pm   #5
RogerEvans
Pentode

A 7A13 recently sold for around 50 on eBay UK with several bidders.

Roger
RogerEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 12:40 pm   #6
Gonzini
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchips View Post
No one buys analogue scopes now .....
Not entirely true in my experience as a quick bit of research also suggests. The two comparator plug-ins are certainly worth more than 10 each and whilst the asking price for the job lot may not appeal to forum members I suspect that 350 could be achieved by selling as split lots on-line.

Scrapping Tek 7000 series scopes and plug-ins is sinful in my view but everyone is, of course, entitled to dispose of items they own as they see fit.

Alan
I agree to the scrapping off. But this is why i have a lot of unrealised repair projects...
I don't have time to list all this on ebay and deal with all posting.
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 12:44 pm   #7
Gonzini
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerEvans View Post
A 7A13 recently sold for around 50 on eBay UK with several bidders.

Roger
There's been some interest on those.
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 1:44 pm   #8
Gonzini
Pentode

Both 7A13's pending being sold. Someone got a good deal there!
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 5:13 pm   #9
ajgriff
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzini View Post
I agree to the scrapping off. But this is why i have a lot of unrealised repair projects...
I quite understand with regard to eBay but I still think that you should have no difficulty re-homing these at the right price. If I still lived nearby I'd be there!

Alan
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 5:15 pm   #10
Gonzini
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzini View Post
I quite understand with regard to eBay but I still think that you should have no difficulty re-homing these at the right price. If I still lived nearby I'd be there!

Alan
Well if you know anyone send them over!! There is a deal to be had.
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 9:38 am   #11
cmjones01
Octode

There is still demand for good analogue scopes, and at prices that make them worth selling.

I recently found myself with too many 7000 series and other scopes, and had success disposing of them in online auctions. The key to getting good prices (200+) seemed to be being prepared to ship them internationally (double-boxed, lots of foam/bubble wrap/whatever) and being able to demonstrate them working properly. A 10-minute movie on YouTube running through the operations doesn't take long to make and upload.

There are many countries which, unlike the UK, don't have a lot of good old test gear lying around, so being prepared to export it makes a difference. I certainly found, from a straightforward business perspective, that investing the time in demonstrating that the scopes were in good shape, and advertising and packing them properly, paid off financially. I do appreciate that not everyone can afford the time, though.

Chris
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 5:49 pm   #12
Gonzini
Pentode

For sure. I'm not one for selling lots of gear off all the time so its a bit more than I'm prepared to do. Things are hectic enough as it is at the moment!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones01 View Post
There is still demand for good analogue scopes, and at prices that make them worth selling.

I recently found myself with too many 7000 series and other scopes, and had success disposing of them in online auctions. The key to getting good prices (200+) seemed to be being prepared to ship them internationally (double-boxed, lots of foam/bubble wrap/whatever) and being able to demonstrate them working properly. A 10-minute movie on YouTube running through the operations doesn't take long to make and upload.

There are many countries which, unlike the UK, don't have a lot of good old test gear lying around, so being prepared to export it makes a difference. I certainly found, from a straightforward business perspective, that investing the time in demonstrating that the scopes were in good shape, and advertising and packing them properly, paid off financially. I do appreciate that not everyone can afford the time, though.

Chris
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 9:33 pm   #13
ajgriff
Heptode

In view of your desire to move these on it might be worth clarifying how much you would be prepared to accept for each of the remaining modules and the two mainfames on their own.

Alan
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 11:38 pm   #14
AC/HL

Fixed price in post 1. Any negotiation via PM please to conform with forum rules.
Old 24th Sep 2019, 7:55 am   #15
ajgriff
Heptode

For the record my previous post was not an attempt to negotiate prices as I've no personal interest in the items due to the distance involved.

My point is that the OP has now sold two of the modules and has clearly changed his expectations in terms of price and selling the equipment as a job lot. In other words, the original figure quoted in post #1 is no longer valid and it would seem sensible to clarify the position for the benefit of all interested parties.

This seems to me to uphold forum rules regarding asking prices rather than the opposite. I apologise without reservation if I have climbed the proverbial gum tree.

Alan

Last edited by ajgriff; 24th Sep 2019 at 8:00 am.
Old 24th Sep 2019, 8:22 am   #16
Gonzini
Pentode

Hi Bill
Yeah sorry, things are moving a bit quick and not had time to go back and clarify things. I'll post up a new list if that's OK?
Thanks
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/HL View Post
Fixed price in post 1. Any negotiation via PM please to conform with forum rules.
Old 24th Sep 2019, 9:31 am   #17
Gonzini
Pentode

Ok guys, sorry for the confusion. Here's a new list of whats left, splitting does seem to be the best way i can appreciate people have storage issues as well and have no need for all of this.

7623A Oscilloscope Storage Mainframe (with fitted plugins below) Not splitting at the moment. 125
7B53A Dual Timebase

7B53A Dual Timebase 25 Believed to be working, not fully tested
7B80 Timebase 25 Not tested, working condition unknown
7B85 Delaying Timebase 25 Not tested, working condition unknown

7603 Oscilloscope Mainframe 20 Needs attention with beam intensity, can get horizontal sweep with timebase fitted. Rest untested.

7A13 Differential Comparator ***SOLD***
Old 24th Sep 2019, 6:35 pm   #18
Gonzini
Pentode

7B80 and 7B85 now sold.

That leaves:-

7623A Oscilloscope Storage Mainframe (with fitted plugins below) Not splitting at the moment. 125
7B53A Dual Timebase

7B53A Dual Timebase 25 Believed to be working, not fully tested

7603 Oscilloscope Mainframe 20 Needs attention with beam intensity, can get horizontal sweep with timebase fitted. Rest untested.

7B80 Timebase ***SOLD***
7B85 Delaying Timebase ***SOLD***