UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 2nd Sep 2019, 8:31 pm   #1
Paul_RK
Nonode

Default Radiograms, transistor sets, various chassis, appliances, etc., all FOC near Durham

Some few months after moving out, it's time to clear our house in Langley Park of all that's left there. We're hoping to arrange that for near the end of an imminent visit, so this is a last chance for anyone interested to rescue any of the remaining items. The Murphy A592R baffle 'gram - Collaro Studio deck - and Ekco stereogram with Garrard Autoslim are in reasonable condition after 20-odd years in a bedroom, the New Baby Belling is thought to be fully working and the Burco boiler is certainly fine, beyond those there are several chassis from cabinets that were beyond repair or that I've never seen, rough transistor portables, appliances large and small, etc., etc.. There are other bits and pieces that aren't in the photos, a functional Belling Champion 92A comes to mind...

Any expressions of interest welcome, any commitments to take still better, casual viewers and rummaging welcome if there may be something you want: PM me for address and/or arrangements. We'll guarantee to be on hand to answer the door between say 2-4PM Sunday afternoon, otherwise best to let me know a time that's convenient for you between the morning of Saturday 7th and afternoon of Monday 9th. I'll be offline and unable to respond to messages after the evening of Thursday 5th.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LP1.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	189390   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP2.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	189391   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP3.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	189392   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP4.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	189393   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP5.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	189394  

Paul_RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 8:32 pm   #2
Paul_RK
Nonode

Default Re: Radiograms, transistor sets, various chassis, appliances, etc., all FOC near Durh

There's more...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LP6.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	189395   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP7.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	189396   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP8.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	189397   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP9.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	189398   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP10.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	189399  

Old 2nd Sep 2019, 8:33 pm   #3
Paul_RK
Nonode

Default Re: Radiograms, transistor sets, various chassis, appliances, etc., all FOC near Durh

And more again.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LP11.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	189400   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP12.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	189401   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP13.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	189402   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP14.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	189403   Click image for larger version

Name:	LP15.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	189404  

Old 2nd Sep 2019, 9:16 pm   #4
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi, Paul, I'll possible call over 10-ish on Sat morning for any "boxes of bits" you may be getting rid of.
I'd also be interested in any service data or old mags you may have.

Can't stay away from the NE then ?

Cheers, Ed
Ed_Dinning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 10:19 pm   #5
Paul_RK
Nonode

Hi Ed,

There are several boxes with assorted 20s/30s bits and the odd transformer - hope to see you then. No mags left in Langley, only some '60s service manuals which will probably make their way to Norfolk unless anyone particularly wants them. The move was predictably more than a little chaotic, so some things travelled down that shouldn't have, others didn't that should. We've each visited a few times to sort through what's still there, perhaps no more though once the mattress has gone and the house is on the market.

Paul
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 10:36 pm   #6
Cobaltblue
Dekatron

Is that an Ever Ready Sky Emperor in picture 11?

That's a sought after set even incomplete.

Cheers

Mike T
Cobaltblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 10:50 pm   #7
Paul_RK
Nonode

It is, but it's given up various parts to the Sky Emperor I've kept and to one or two others, and was fairly rough with a broken tuning scale to begin with. Can't remember whether all the valves are there, I'll at least nab those if nobody wants to take the hulk away.
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 12:03 am   #8
Steve_Bell
Hexode

Hi Paul.

I would like to claim the Murphy A592R baffle 'gram. PM sent.

regards,
Steve.
Steve_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 8:52 am   #9
Courtney Louise
Heptode

I would love the red and cream mixer but I am no where near to do a collection. Could that be posted?
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 11:27 am   #10
Martin Bush
Octode

I sent a PM last night about the mixers. It would be subject to whether they could be forum couriered and I'm happy for Courtney to have the red one. In fact if anyone has greater need or is more able to collect they can go ahead of me.

"Clip, clop, cloppity cloppity cloppity cloppity high..."
Martin Bush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 12:11 pm   #11
Cobaltblue
Dekatron

Hi Paul

I would like the Ever Ready if I can come up with a credible way of collecting.

My sister in law lives in the Ely area she has recently moved so not sure exactly where.

In the mean time if someone else has a better plan to save the Ever Ready I would be happy to stand asside

Cheers

Mike T
Cobaltblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 12:12 pm   #12
Paul_RK
Nonode

Thanks Steve, the Murphy 'gram is yours.

Hi Courtney and Martin. Could be tricky to send one or both mixers, they're heavy beasts, awkwardly shaped and with some fragility, and while I'd normally have used My Hermes as courier I'm not around to be able to weigh and measure parcels, for that matter I'm not sure how packing supplies are holding up though I could probably scrape enough together.

No problem at all if anyone's willing and ready to be the first leg of an FCS chain and collect them from Langley Park on that basis - there are various attachments too, at least one each as I recall of dough hook and whisk, blender jug and potato peeler. I'm not sure how much more than that is still in the old house, at least four vintage Chefs including the one we currently use have come with us to Fakenham...

Paul
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 12:20 pm   #13
Paul_RK
Nonode

Hi Mike,

Ely's a long way from County Durham, though. It isn't so far from Fakenham, and we are expecting still to commission transport of a modest quantity of stuff to our current home - a few boxes of books etc. in a cupboard were overlooked in the chaos, so they will have to be transported, and for that matter I'm even now pondering whether we've a home here for our old Belling Classic 60 cooker. The Sky Emperor might be able to come here, then, as a stage on its way. Again, if the FCS could come into play so much the better.

Paul
Old 4th Sep 2019, 1:54 pm   #14
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

I'd love one of your old kettles Paul, a solid one that's go on an open fire sort of thing. Unable to PU from Durham, but could PU from Fakenham. Am also happy to PU small items from the same place for other folk and store for a while for onward progress if that helps. Either that or if you want to dump a load of stuff off here for later PU.

Sorry can't be of more help, only have a motorbike for wheels. Andy.
Old 4th Sep 2019, 2:04 pm   #15
FIXITNOW
Octode

I would love some of the transistor radios and old valve radios parts if there's room to get them to Fakenham. also happy to collect and pass bits to other's that are my way Got family at Cromer so often that way from Cambridgeshire
FIXITNOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2019, 2:33 pm   #16
Paul_RK
Nonode

Hi both,

I think there's just the one hob kettle, all the others are electric. We don't have a vehicle, but I've arranged for a final small load of stuff - a few cardboard boxes and our trusty old Belling Classic 60 cooker - to be brought to Fakenham, and a couple of the boxes aren't full yet so I'll cram them with whatever I can that nobody's claimed in the meantime. I should probably give the Decca Ocean Master TP89 portable (in foreground of picture 12) some priority, it's a very scruffy example but they seem oddly scarce and RM.org doesn't have a photo yet.

Paul
Old 4th Sep 2019, 4:14 pm   #17
Paul_RK
Nonode

The Sky Emperor is now set aside for Mike (Cobaltblue), and I think we've takers via Freecycle for the Ekco 'gram (photo 2) and New Baby Belling (photo 14). Still plenty of radio junk on offer for anyone who would care to come and rummage.

Paul
Old 4th Sep 2019, 4:27 pm   #18
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Re. the EKCO stereogram - that self-same valved chassis was used in a far more expensive Dynatron version c.1962 and so should sound good.
Old 4th Sep 2019, 5:26 pm   #19
dragonser
Hexode

Hi,
if i had any way of collection, then I would like the power unit in picture 3. I will put a wanted post in the fcs just in case anyone could help.
Old 4th Sep 2019, 5:38 pm   #20
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

You are doing a great re-cycling job there Paul. I'm too far away but I was intrigued by the Murphy Bafflegram that Steve has now taken into care. Researching, I've come across the 2008 thread "Radiograms Will They Ever Be Wanted?" speculating about how cheap RG's are ie mostly free! You say that the B Gram was "so peculiar it had to be given a home". ppppenguin [Jeffrey] had said "Hang on for another 20 years and things may change. Or not." Well it seems they have

Best Wishes,

Dave W
dave walsh is offline   Reply With Quote