UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 21st Sep 2019, 10:42 am   #1
Markmorb
Diode

Default Garrard AP76 Transcription Deck - Cartridge Carrier

Hi Group,

Long time since my last post but was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I have got hold of a Garrard AP76 and a 78 cartridge which I intend to use to digitise 78's with.
Main problem is with the Cartridge Carrier, the metal connectors are in a terrible state and one is snapped...
Any ideas where I could get hold of a replacement Cartridge carrier...I believe it's a C2 from looking at other threads in the group.

Thanks,
Markmorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 5:32 pm   #2
Viscount
Pentode

Default Re: Garrard AP76 Transcription Deck - Cartridge Carrier

there appears to be one one ebay ,9.99 plus p&p
Viscount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 8:55 pm   #3
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

You could also unsolder the wires from the bit that mates with the carrier, pull them through by an inch, fit tags to them, and bypass the wretched connector altogether.

I did that with an SP25/IV and it saved no end of trouble.
Nickthedentist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 10:58 pm   #4
Craig Sawyers
Octode

Oh that brings back memories. My first ever decent deck was an AP76 back in the very early 70's. I lusted after it so badly it hurt until I saved up to buy one. I seem to remember that I used it with a Shure M75ED.

Craig
Craig Sawyers is online now   Reply With Quote