UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Nov 2014, 1:21 pm   #1
LinRedwood
Diode

Default Dansette Monarch repairs needed - Aberdeenshire

Hello, and thank you so much for adding me to your forum. I haven't had time to have a proper look around yet, but I'm the proud owner of a Dansette Monarch, which is very poorly and a bit drunk just now, so if anyone could point me in the right direction to get advice on getting it repaired, I would be very grateful. I run the World's Smallest Tearoom....honestly....check the FB page!...and the Dansette is on everyday in the tearoom, so I'm missing it terribly,l and so are my customers.

I will keep reading of course, in case I stumble on what I need, but I'm not a techy at all, so help will be very gratefully appreciated. In fact, if there is anyone close enough geographically to help out, I will feed them endless tea and scones as a thank you!

I also have a very old radio at home that was bought when my grandparents married in 1937. I used it when I was a kid, and it's been plastered in gold paint at some point (not by me!), so I would absolutely love to get it working again...that's another project however. No idea what kind it is, but will have a good look when I get home.

Thank you!
Old 7th Nov 2014, 11:48 am   #2
David Simpson
Octode

Default Re: Dansette Monarch repairs needed - Aberdeenshire

Lin, Private message sent via Forum email link. David
Old 7th Nov 2014, 4:23 pm   #3
David Simpson
Octode

Bit Confused,Lin - Internet says you're in Echt nr Inverurie, not Aberdeen City.
If so, try "Andy Vandy" (aka Andy Hood) on this site - he lives at Rhynie - a mere stones throw from Echt. If you contact me I'll give you his contact details.
Forum community - - Aberdeenshire is a vast county. Loads of market towns & wee villages. On UK Forums, many North East folk just say "Aberdeen", so as to not confuse Sassenachs who predominate as Forum members.

Regards, David

PS. There is also a BVWS member in Aberdeen - Gordon Simpson, and "Richie asg1" who is a Forum member.
Old 7th Nov 2014, 6:11 pm   #4
Station X

I'm afraid we have problems persuading some potential forum members that a country on its own for example "USA" is not sufficient for the location in their profile. For UK members we accept a county, but prefer nearest town or city.

Of course we have no way of checking whether a member's location is accurate. This can be a problem when a member seeks assistance from or offers assistance to a member they think lives nearby.

Keep the soldering iron hot.
Old 8th Nov 2014, 9:47 am   #5
David Simpson
Octode

Graham, I'm just as guilty as Lin. I've just put Aberdeen as my location, but actually live a bit further north in the Shire.
I've spoken to Lin on the phone and given her some advice. Plus contact details of vintage guys who live closer to Echt.

Regards, David
Closed Thread