UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Sep 2006, 10:33 pm   #1
Duke_Nukem
Octode

Default Harpenden Bring 'n Buy

Well, I’m banking on there being a Bring ‘n Buy stall at the forthcoming Harpenden, are there any volunteers that might be able to help out for a short stint ? Even a couple of people that can devote half an hour make all the difference.

TTFN,
Jon
Old 21st Sep 2006, 8:07 am   #2
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Harpenden Bring 'n Buy

As usual I'll help when I can though my main commitment is Talking about Wireless.

I've got a few a bits to sell on BnB so it's definitely a good thing.
Old 21st Sep 2006, 9:02 am   #3
Brased
Hexode

I should be around as usual to give a hand.

Edward
Old 25th Sep 2006, 10:40 am   #4
peter_sol
Octode

Hi
I will help
Regards
Peter.
Old 29th Sep 2006, 8:21 am   #5
Alvin
Heptode

It's not clear from these offers of help whether there actually will be a Bring 'n Buy - can anyone confirm??

Thanks,

Alvin
Old 29th Sep 2006, 8:57 am   #6
Duke_Nukem
Octode

Yes, there is one. I got confirmation last night that a table will be all set up and ready to go.

-------------------------------

Note : It closes as 1pM _prompt_. We've stated this each time but last time we still had someone that didn't collect their stuff/dosh 'til 4:30 !

So after discussing this with Julian we have come up with the following plan :-

At 1:00pm + 1 second we are setting up a table of stuff that is free for anyone who passes by. Meantime uncollected money will be donated to a worthy cause (the local barman ). Well, ok, maybe not but hope everyone gets the idea

Thanks for offers of help by ppppenguin, Brased and peter_sol. Just drop round when you can.

TTFN,
Jon
Old 29th Sep 2006, 9:02 am   #7
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

May I also suggest that the B&B is a good place to meet fellow forum members and also to exchange stuff that we've agreed to bring to Harpenden in this thread https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=11205

As for worthy causes I can think of none better than the Vintage Wireless Museum.
Old 29th Sep 2006, 11:29 am   #8
Duke_Nukem
Octode

I've been pondering about also using the B&B as a general drop off/collection point as I can see it'd be useful, but I'm a bit warey whilst we are still being left with stuff well past 1pM. So if anyone wants to do this just remember "we" will walk away at 1pM and leave whatevers left to fend for itself !

TTFN,
Jon
Old 1st Oct 2006, 6:20 pm   #9
yestertech
Nonode

Just wanted to post a well deserved "thank you" to Jon, Edward and Julian ( hope I didnt miss anyone ) for their sterling work on the B&B today - AT least I managed to halve the amount I took back home !! ANDY
Old 1st Oct 2006, 8:38 pm   #10
howard
Nonode

Hello,

Yes well done ! It was certainly hectic there when I was at the B&B but I have to say there were real bargains there today, the ones I bought there I hope will be appearing in Success Stories in the next few weeks.

Howard
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 8:02 am   #11
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

An enjoyable day out, despite the vagaries of the M1 and weather - anpther couple of names to put faces to - hi again to Andy (setsappeal) and Jon (Duke Nukem).

I managed to fill the car as well, but the only thing I actually bought was a £5 Hameg scope that may get sorted and used or 1:2 made from the one I have in the loft with missing knobs and an o/c CRT heater.

It looks as if no-one wanted the FOC Philips autochanger; having repaired these in the past, I can sympathise. It was the one with the plastic gear with a removable tooth. Ugghhh! Skip fodder.
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 2:16 pm   #12
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

PMs gone to:
  • KeithW
  • Jay oldstuff
  • Kat
  • TimS
  • Ed
  • Dave Moll
About items I have awaiting their collection.

Mods, this thread may as well be closed now.