UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Sep 2019, 5:33 pm   #1
Vampyre666
Retired Dormant Member

Default My Revox B710 mark 1 won't play or record

I have problem with my Revox B710 mark 1. it has replacement caps and new pinch wheels. lubed etc. i have problem that there is no audio or record. mechanical functions are fine. left-hand bar graph has a little noise on it in standby. two bars. no response right output. heads have resistants. no signal on bars with inputs on left and right. what is blocking signals from head and input signals? mpx and Dolby lights come on when appropriate buttons pressed, as well as record light. the fault was there before i replaced all caps throughout!. Ive also checked for solder flashes and tracks after i replaced the timebomb caps. i need help, simon thanks
Old 21st Sep 2019, 7:11 pm   #2
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: My Revox B710 mark 1 won't play or record

Hi!

Have you got a copy of the Service Manual?

Get this one - its a quality scan of the original with the cover in the original Revox colours:-

https://www.vintageshifi.com/reperto...e-Manual-2.pdf

. . .I recommend you print out page 40 of this to begin with, which shows all the interconnecting plugs and wiring between the various units of the machine, and make sure you've got everything back in the right places to begin with, or missed a plug that's come from the mechanism unit - is plug EL25 from the tape heads connected correctly?

Chris Williams