UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 17th Sep 2019, 12:14 am   #1
neil29
Heptode

Default Ferguson tv remote wanted.

Hi All, I don't suppose anyone would have a tv remote they might like to sell for the TX10 etc range of sets. I need the one which also has the audio controls on it as its for the stereosound set which I recently bought from the museum. all costs covered.

Thanks
Neil.
neil29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2019, 4:04 pm   #2
davyrocket2
Pentode

Default Re: Ferguson tv remote wanted.

Hello Neil I have one it will want the contacts cleaning up but its the genuine wedge type ,as far that I am concerned its yours for the price of the postage .I was keeping it.I am looking for the 26 inch TX10,but they are very rare.I owned 2 of them in very good working order with decent tubes but I had landlord issues and got evicted and because i had nowhere to store stuff the landlord contracted out the emptying of the flat and sadly it all got sent to landfill .I am afraid to say it filled 11 ,luton vans full .I only ask if you want it PM me with your details and I will in return reply with my ,I will send carefully packed in a jiffy bag regards David Grant.
davyrocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2019, 7:04 pm   #3
neil29
Heptode

Hi David, Sorry to sound abrupt but does it have the audio buttons on it?. I already have the standard wedge remote for text etc but i'm unable to operate the bass/treble balance function with it. if it is the one I need then it's much appreciated.

Thanks again,
Neil.
Old 17th Sep 2019, 7:15 pm   #4
davyrocket2
Pentode

As far that I can remember it does although I will have to dig it out probaly reply tommorow but as my Tv was the stereo version its very likely .I do recall that on that version the audio buttons had rectangular line around them-Bass -Treble-Balance and in the row underneath a button marked supersound
Old 17th Sep 2019, 7:42 pm   #5
davyrocket2
Pentode

Hello Neil I have just found it and taken a photo of the front and the rear of it ,as I said under the number buttons from left to right its ,Audio-TV-Mix-Text.underneath that is bass-treble-balance volume plus.underneath that are the Clock-mono-stereo-supersound .underneath that are N-normal -hold -standby-mute.when not being used for audio the bass button-can be used for colour and treble button for contrast .I recall on the front flap 2 buttons -volume -brightness .I also recall if the back is removed there is a upright panel that you can adjust the preset color -contrast ,the preset brightness the right hand hinged panel nearest the delay line regards David Grant
Old 18th Sep 2019, 1:41 pm   #6
neil29
Heptode

Hi David, You have a PM.

Cheers
Neil.