UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 2nd Sep 2019, 7:22 pm   #1
ColinTheAmpMan1
Octode

Default 500R potentiometer with switch.

Does anyone have a 500R potentiometer with switch that they would be prepared to part with? Linear track is preferred. This is wanted to add a "lights" 5VDC supply to a Tektronix 7623A 'scope. I have all of the other bits and what I want to do is have the ability to not only switch the "lights" on and off, but also adjust the intensity. I don't think the wattage is critical, as the pot will be setting the voltage from a LM350 regulator. I know I could purchase a brand new one from the likes of Digikey for 4+, but I am being a bit of a penny-pincher....
Colin.

PS: Yes, it is 500 ohms, not 500K ohms.

Last edited by ColinTheAmpMan1; 2nd Sep 2019 at 7:23 pm. Reason: Clarification of value.
ColinTheAmpMan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 3:52 pm   #2
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: 500R potentiometer with switch.

After an extensive rummage the best I could find Colin was a used dual 5k/1k SP/ST push SW type, if of any use drop us a PM.

Andy
Old 5th Sep 2019, 6:19 pm   #3
Tim
Nonode

Default Re: 500R potentiometer with switch.

Hi Colin. Since you require a linear characteristic you could always get say a 1k or 5 K ( or any value really , in theory, and parallel an appropriate resistance across the track to bring the total down to your 500 ohms.