UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 29th Aug 2019, 4:53 pm   #1
Panrock
Octode

Default Bush TV22 - fine example - work needed

I have been approached by a gentleman who has recently acquired a really fine example of the Bush TV22.

This television needs careful, sympathetic attention to bring it back to A1 working condition.

I no longer restore radios and televisions, so we are looking for someone else who can do this set justice. The owner writes:

"Regarding servicing my Bush TV22, I havenít yet decided exactly what to do. Although the condition of my set is really very good and original, I donít have the necessary tools and equipment here in London (not to mention any experience with valve sets...) to do much more than a basic recapping and reform of the electrolytic capacitors, and I would really like to do a more thorough electric overhaul.

I would really prefer to hand my TV to someone with previous experience on this particular set. To facilitate the work of whoever will take on the job, I have given the set a good clean on the inside (mostly loose dust accumulated over decades), the focusing mechanism is working smoothly, as are all the pots, and I will do the final cabinet polishing myself once the electric overhaul has been completed. So Iím really just looking for an electronic overhaul, and not a restoration, although I intend to keep all original components that have been replaced (caps with dates on them, waxed caps, etc.). If you wish, I can send you updated hi-res photos of the setís boards and components."

If you can help, please PM me.

Thanks, Steve
Panrock is offline   Reply With Quote