UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Jan 2006, 11:24 am   #1
Neil Purling
Nonode

Default Vintage Stuff

On behalf of a local collector: What is the article in the image?
I guessed it was some way of adding a extra stage of amplification.

My own focus is on something you can actually listen to everyday.
This unidentified kit radio is my sole renovation to date.
Excuse the modern tuning knob. I have the original, but its grub screw fractured and had to be drilled out. The tuning scale is printed card.
Anyone have the slightest idea whose offering it is?

The last picture is the same radio. To with a coal fire, come home to the toasty warm glow of real valves!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cnv00013.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	2624   Click image for larger version

Name:	CNV00007.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	2625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cnv00005.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	2626  
Old 29th Jan 2006, 1:07 pm   #2
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: Vintage Stuff

Hello Neil,
I think this is a transformer and twin triode output valve 'plug in conversion' that would convert your single ended output stage to push pull. Its only a calculated guess and maybe a member more familiar with the late 20's componenets may be able to confirm this. An identical item was recently sold at Harpenden for a fair sum. Regards. JOHN.
Old 29th Jan 2006, 8:51 pm   #3
brianc
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Vintage Stuff

Hi nJon

My guess is that it is a device for adding an extra AF stage to a simple late 20s/30s receiver. It would plug into the output valve holder and introduce an RC coupled stage in between it and the detector or 1st AF. Bias etc. would be derived from the bias for the existing output stage using a divider - say!

Cheers
Brian
Closed Thread