UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jan 2019, 11:05 pm   #1
1100 man
Octode

Default 4 foot white T12 tubes FOC!!

For anyone interested in keeping old fluorescent fittings going that will only run with T12 (fat) tubes.
I've got a box of 25 brand new (Osram or Philips- can't remember which) 4 foot tubes. They are '35' standard white (3500K). These were rescued from destruction along with a whole load of other tubes, but I never need 4 foots! It just seemed a shame to leave them there! I'm sure I tested a random sample just to prove they were OK.

If anyone is interested in a few or the whole lot, I can take them to Harpenden in March or the NVCF in May. They are FOC, but obviously no postage!

All the best
Nick
Old 20th Jan 2019, 11:36 pm   #2
The Philpott
Nonode

Default Re: 4 foot white T12 tubes FOC!!

I could justify five or six of them Nick, if that's ok, but taking any more would be selfish (if members nearer to me wanted some, i would be happy to store them pending them coming to pick them up- it all depends how quickly you want to shift them i suppose.)

If there's any odd sizes that you need instead that you cannot find, say so, i may have them.

Dave
Old 20th Jan 2019, 11:56 pm   #3
SWB 18
Pentode

Hello Nick,

I still have several 4ft fittings in use.
Could you put me down for 4, please, to collect at Harpenden.

Thanks,

Phil.
Old 21st Jan 2019, 10:00 am   #4
llama
Octode

Hi Nick and Dave,
I would like 4 of these please and I wonder if Dave would be able to store 4 for me pending collection in, say, a week.
Thanks both if that's possible!
Graham
Old 21st Jan 2019, 4:37 pm   #5
The Philpott
Nonode

Fine by me, Graham, that would save you maybe 30 miles so worth doing.
Nick, i will PM you later on.
Dave
Old 21st Jan 2019, 10:21 pm   #6
1100 man
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100 man View Post
They are '35' standard white (3500K).
Just a point of order- I checked the box this morning and they are marked '29' rather than '35'. They are made by Osram.

I checked in my own workshop and I've got a mix of T12 tubes- some 29 and some 35. There is no discernible difference in colour between them. They are what I have always considered as just 'white'.

Dave, Graham & Phil. You are all very welcome to them and it will make rescuing them worthwhile!

Phil- I'll reserve 4 for for you & contact you before Harpendon to make contact arrangements.

Dave- I'll answer your PM now..

Cheers
Nick
Old 21st Jan 2019, 10:31 pm   #7
Tazman1966
Nonode

I think "29" are warm white - quite a nice colour in my opinion
Old 21st Jan 2019, 11:22 pm   #8
1100 man
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman1966 View Post
I think "29" are warm white - quite a nice colour in my opinion
Hi Tas,

Indeed, '29' is specified as 'warm white' and Osram tubes are marked 'Gelbweiss' (yellow white).

However, the Osram 29 tubes are identical in colour to the GE '35' tubes and the more modern T8 '35' tubes. This was the standard white before 4000K took over (840).

You used to get tubes marked as 'warm white' and these always had a very pink colour tint. One manufacturer produced 'warmton' which was very pink indeed!

After the advent of the colour numbering system, warmer tubes tended to be yellower rather then pinker.

Cheers
Nick
Closed Thread