UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jan 2016, 9:52 pm   #1
graemeoxby
Retired Dormant Member

Default "Elizabethan" w BSR C129-C1 1971

Hi everyone. I've read the stickies, taken out the deck from the wooden box and have the mechanical aspects of this deck working fine (Thank you).

Problem is with output from the transistor amp- there is a sound but it's very quiet. Tone control works and fuse light works. Speaker driver is in perfect condition

Any obvious things I should look out for (I am a complete novice)

Thanks in advance, spent a very enjoyable evening fettling this record player as best I can with the advice on here. Brilliant!

Graeme
Old 8th Jan 2016, 12:07 am   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: "Elizabethan" w BSR C129-C1 1971

When you say the sound is very quiet, does this mean there is only stylus "chatter" or is that there is some low level amplified sound in the speaker? If you can hear sound off the stylus, but not from the speaker, that suggests the cartridge may have failed. Edward
Closed Thread