UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jun 2011, 6:59 am   #1
dinkydi
Retired Dormant Member

Default Looking for a manual?

Hi, I am sure that there is no need for me to convince readers of this forum about the benefits of having technical documentation to help with your latest restoration/repair project. A service manual, a user manual, a circuit diagram, a data sheet, a forum comment - well, any information at all might make all the difference.

In the quest for this information first try the original manufacturer, if they still exist. Many manufacturers can provide a pdf manual even though the equipment is no longer supported by their service or spares department. Unfortunately, some manufacturers only recognize equipment they have manufactured if there is still stock for sale.

As a result many of us spend considerable (excessive?) time trawling the internet for this information and sometimes we strike gold. I have started this thread so we can share some of the less well known web sites which provide free download of vintage test-gear documentation. Here are some links to the main sites that I have found to be invaluable:

The premier site for older test-gear (and radio etc.) manuals is the Boat Anchor Manual Archive (BAMA)

A site with the highest standards in manual presentation is Manoman, with an emphasis on Tektronix, HP and electronic data.

A site worth keeping an eye on is Ebaman.

A site that is ham-radio oriented but supports some classic test gear is KO4BB.

A huge collection of manuals, great for Philips, is at Elektro Tanya.

There is a large collection of classic test-gear manuals at the website of Kurt.

Other members have no doubt discovered their own manual treasure troves on the internet and I look forward to you sharing them here.

Peter
Old 6th Jun 2011, 8:33 am   #2
3D2BA Dick
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Looking for a manual?

A very useful source is www.mods.dk ............. you have to sign up but its free. Mostly
modifications to amateur gear of all sorts and they send emailed updates from time to time.

Rgds. 3d2ba
Closed Thread