UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd May 2011, 9:49 pm   #1
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Wireless museum in Verona, Italy

How about this for bad luck? My wife and I went on holiday to Italy last week, and on visiting the city of Verona I spotted a sign directing visitors to the "Museo della Radio". Now, I speak no Italian, but it doesn't take much imagination to recognise "Wireless Museum" in a strange language, so I persuaded our tour guide to look up the opening hours on her iPhone... '9.00 till 6.00, every day' she reported, so I dragged my long-suffering wife Claire on a half-mile walk across the city, in sweltering weather, to the museum. And guess what? It was closed The woman in charge offered no explanation, suggesting I come back the following day!

Oh yes, some hope. Probably the first and last time I ever visit your flaming city, having travelled all the way from England, and on a whim you decide to close! Sod's law, or what?

What's the most annoying thing is that the museum looks really good on its website. Visit http://www.museodellaradio.com/radiodepoca.htm or http://www.museodellaradio.com/museo.htm

I hope that any other member visiting Verona will find the museum open. It would be wise to telephone first (but brush up your Italian - the museum management don't appear to speak English)

Phil

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Old 24th May 2011, 7:51 am   #2
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Wireless museum in Verona, Italy

Looks well worth visiting
Old 24th May 2011, 8:55 am   #3
geoff999
Rest in Peace

According to the website the Museum is open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 18.00 except on schooldays. As well to check first.

Sounds more fun than the highly unauthentic "Juliet's Balcony"
Old 24th May 2011, 11:02 pm   #4
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

We were there last Monday but it was closed nonetheless!

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Closed Thread