UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Feb 2011, 9:57 am   #1
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Virtual Jukebox/Radio online

Not really sure where to slot this in, so I hope this section is about the closest fit.

I've come across a 'virtual jukebox/radio' website, on which you can select any era from the 1950 to 1989, and music of your choice. Most popular songs of the era, country music, swing, etc, and just leave it playing in the background.

Might be worth a look:

http://www.tropicalglen.com/

In another thread a while back, I mentioned theradio.com which is a similar thing.

Hope it's of interest to someone out there.

David
Old 25th Feb 2011, 4:16 pm   #2
oldticktock
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Virtual Jukebox/Radio online

Nice one David I have this piped through to an old 1930's Marconi Ext speaker. Whilst working on a set in the workshop you feel like your back in time. With this and Panrock link I'm very content.

Chris

Last edited by oldticktock; 25th Feb 2011 at 4:33 pm.
Old 27th Feb 2011, 1:02 pm   #3
gezza123
Heptode

Yes. nice one David,love it.Thanks.Gezza
Old 27th Feb 2011, 3:39 pm   #4
Panrock
Nonode

Thanks! The Hits of 1950 are now piping out from my Murphy A122, which serves as the workshop 'Tannoy'. All good for productivity.

Steve
Old 4th Apr 2011, 11:54 am   #5
noble kiwi
Pentode

Special thanks David,

Listening to it now. It takes me back to days of real melodies one could remember, now long gone by. I play Piano by ear, quite well I am told and play the sort of stuff in the swing section, so good to refresh my memory.

Nice touch to include with old radios. You found the right place to slot it for sure. Holding off pushing the reply button as this will no doubt kill the music. Damn it real people playing real music. No blasted canned base racket and or drum machine. They even change a chord every bar or two and vary the tempo. Nice bit of piano in the background just then. Hate to but its late and must push the button, but cunningly scored another tune with the excuse to insert smilies. Have it book marked.

Thanks again, Trevor.
Closed Thread