UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Apr 2011, 3:19 pm   #1
getackwithatail
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig TK30

Hello friends.

Yesterday I got my hands on a Grundig TK30 and some tapes.
I have absolutely no experience with this machine, and do not know how it works. I thought I'd launch a search on the Web, and I found this forum.

So here I am! Seeking help!

Is there anyone who can point me into the direction of manuals and schematics? I only need the manual, as I should be able to figure out the rest once I know what all the buttons do. I'd appreciate any help I can get!

The machine is in quite a dilapidated state, but the motor still runs, and the two tubes visible when opening the top glows and heats up, so this is a plus.

I have already removed three broken, rock hard and brittle belts from it, so I'll need to find/fashion surrogates. I live in South Africa, so I'm not putting my heart onto getting any belts easily. Anyone know of a good makeshift one?

Once again thanks, and regards

getack
Old 18th Apr 2011, 3:22 pm   #2
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Grundig TK30

http://www.service-data.com/ The preview image just shows a page of text, but I would assume the schematic's there too.
Old 18th Apr 2011, 3:35 pm   #3
Steve_P
Dekatron

Try clicking here: http://www.service-data.com/product.php/2613/3456

As far as belts go, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Grundig-TK30-T...item1c1ac358e6

No connection with seller, etc. This is purely for information purposes.

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 19th Apr 2011, 3:30 pm   #4
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Hi
I have bought belts for one of these from the above seller and can confirm that, although not cheap, they are correct and come with a very comprehensive manual on fitting them.
Glyn
Old 21st Apr 2011, 11:34 am   #5
getackwithatail
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks for the link to the manual! I think I'll buy it this afternoon.

As for the belts, that price is way to steep for me. A friend recommended I try o-rings (seals), so I'll phone up some engineering firms in my area. I'll let you know if it works!
Old 21st Apr 2011, 9:30 pm   #6
Michael Maurice

What you are paying for is not just the belts but the instructions on how to fit them.

This proved invaluable for me when I fixed a Grundig last year because I would have undone certain screws which would have destroyed the recorder. The manual how to do the job properly.

£22.50 is a good price to pay for the belts and step by step instructions.

May I suggest you buy it and do the job properly.
Old 4th Jul 2011, 12:34 pm   #7
RODALCO
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by getackwithatail View Post
As for the belts, that price is way to steep for me. A friend recommended I try o-rings (seals), so I'll phone up some engineering firms in my area. I'll let you know if it works!
I have used O - rings successfully on my Grundig TK 54 while I was in the air force in the mid 80's.
These O - rings still worked 15 years later with no problems.
Now the caps have gone and the TK54 is on the back burner for now awaiting cap. replacement.
Closed Thread